Saturday 4 March 2017

PI | March Sketch | Best Life

Hey Guys!
Today I'm playing along with the March Sketch over on the Paper Issues Blog and decided to create my layout using the new collection from Shimelle, Little by Little. The purples in the collection worked well with this trio of photos of my younger daughter playing. It's nice to see a collection with some purple in it. I have 2 girls so there are many photos I take that have purple in there and I don't always like to scrap in black and white photos.

This is the sketch created by Amy Coose for Paper Issues:
http://paperissues.blogspot.ca/2017/03/march-sketchy-saturday.html



And, here is my take on it:



There is a ton of paper layering in this sketch and you know me... I love that!
For my background sheet, I started with that gorgeous star paper called Shine Bright. The I wanted more purple so I picked out that lavender piece called, Grinning Badger. Cute! I also used a piece from the 6x6 paper pad for more of the patterned paper layers.


For my title, I used the word Thickers that are part of this collection and created my title, Best Life. The Thickers are called Hello Joy and come in two colours (one package) white and black. It's nice to have options. To embellish, I used pieces from the ephemera pack as well as some of the sticker accents. It's all so cutesy! The Thickers package also contained stars in various sizes and I added them in and around my layout as embellishments.

I also felt that my layout needed some typed word stickers so I pulled out my TH Idealogy Small Talk stickers from my stash. I used the ones that I liked best and placed them around my layout, very stratigically of course!
I finally finished off my layout with some HSCS in gold. And, voila, done! 
Thanks for stopping by friends! I hope you enjoyed my take on this layout.

Save 20% off your entire purchase in the PI SHOP using discount code LINA 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!