Tuesday 14 March 2017

CVS | Happy Heart

Hello Friends! I'm so glad you're here!
Today, I'd like to share a layout I created with the fabulously created, Wild At Heart collection. It's the first layout I have created with it and let me just tell you... It's incredible! 

I'm smitten by the entire collection, all of it!
The photo I decided to scrapbook is of my younger daughter, Juliana. She's such a happy, smiley baby and this photo captures her bubbly personality perfectly!
Before I even chose my photo to scrapbook, I knew I wanted to use this gorgeous coral ombre paper called Luscious. What an absolutely perfect name of this divine sheet of paper. I also used strips of paper from Memento and Artisan. I adhered the strips down with just a bit of tape and then sewed them onto my layout with my small sewing machine and white thread.
I must note that I felt that I needed to use a black and white photo for my layout. I just adore all the colours of the line and wanted the colours to speak volumes about my layout. I feel I've accomplished that in doing this.


The focus this week at CVS, was Chipboard accents and frames and I knew I wanted to showcase this photo with all the frames available in this collection. I decided on a large floral frame to actually frame my sweet photo. And then I went to work on my foundation or base of my layout. I took my favourite frames and built the bottom of my layers. I also chose smaller frames that would accentuate and compliment the shape of my layout. For the smaller slide looking frames, I used some of the pattern paper from the collection to back them and add another pop of colour and dimension to my embellishments.


I loved all the ephemera die cuts in this collection but made sure to choose just my favourites. I seriously could have used them all on this one single layout. I liked the addition of the floral pieces in the top left corner of the photograph. I feel it add a bit of balance and femininity to the harder lines of the frames. The doily tucked into the background frames helps with that as well. It's a good contrast to one another.


For my title, I knew I wanted to use the Wood Veneer as the entire title. I chose 2 words, Happy and Heart. So, my title is Happy Heart. I just adore this wood veneer, it's just the right shade of wood and super thin. It's perfect! I also placed some wood veneer hearts around my layout, tucked into clusters for visual interest and to tie that same wood colour in other aspects of my layout.


You can see all the great lift and dimension I get by layering those chipboard frames. I just love it! To embellish, I used many pieces from the Ephemera Die Cut pack, Chipboard Stickers and the Accessory Stickers. I just adore the tiny word stickers included on the Accessory Stickers sheet. I chose my favourites and adorned my page with them. The pop of white from the word stickers makes the other colours really pop and stand out off the page.


Finally, finishing off my layout, I picked a Flair Button that worked well with my layout and for me, it was this one that says Hello. It added the perfect colours right where I needed them to. The last things I did, was add some gold splatter with some gold mist and that was it! Voila, done!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!