Friday 24 February 2017

Paper Issues | Book Worm

Hey Guys,
Thanks for joining me today, I'm glad you're here!

Today, I wanted to share a layout I created for Paper Issues, with the newest Maggie Holmes collection, Chasing Dreams. As always, her collection is divine and jam packed with so much sweet paper goodness. 


I started with two 12x12 sheets, one I cut on the diagonal and adhered it to the other and stitched around the entire sheet, fusing the two. I sewed around the entire perimeter and then across both sides of the diagonal seam. I'm really liking sewing on layouts at the moment. I feel like it gives a bit of extra texture.

I knew I wanted to add some mixed media to the layout so I covered my background in a light coating of clear gesso. This is to limit the amount of warping to the paper. It still warped but not as it would have had I not gessoed. I used the "packaging technique" for background and used some blue ink spray diluted with water. For the blue splatters, I used the same blue spray but used a lot less water for a more concentrated effect.





Then, after it was dry (I used a heat gun) I got to play with all the pretty papers by layering and matting my picture which is of my oldest daughter, sitting on the couch, reading.
To embellish, I used pieces from most of the collection: the ephemera, chipboard, word stickers and accent stickers. 



The title was also created with Thickers from the collection in Cloud. They are the most gorgeous, light grey-ish blue in colour and puffy! Adorably cute!


Lastly, for just a bit of sparkle and shine, I added some ink spray in gold which I splattered around the page and called it done! I love the way this layout turned out!



Thank you so much for joining me here today! And, remember that if you're shopping in the Paper Issues store, be sure to use discount code LINA for 20% off your entire order 😊





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!