Friday 24 March 2017

PI | Dolphin Play

Good Morning Friends!
Today, I'd like to share a layout I created for my monthly Paper Issues post using the brand spanking new collection from Crate Paper, Oasis. I'm really digging this collection as it's got a weekend getaway- Miami nights feel to it. It's kinda kitschy!

The photo I used for my layout is of my husband on our trip to the Riviera Maya in Mexico 2 years ago. Yes, I am that behind in scrapbooking photos. LOL! Actually, I don't scrapbook in chronological order, I scrapbook what I feel like depending on the day or challenge.



The background paper I used is the white and light aqua blue ledger looking type called Postcard. It was perfect! I matted my photo with the pale woodgrain that's included in this collection. I knew that when I opened the collection and looked through it, that the ombre pink and purple chipboard frame was something I needed to use first. And I did. It was the first thing I took outta this collection and based everything else around the use of it. I wasn't too concerned with using a feminine frame with a picture of my husband. I think it works well!

For my title, I decided to go stash busting and pull both alphas from my hoard vault. The mint green alpha are from OA and the Thickers are a fabulous wood grain that complimented the rest of the woodgrain in the collection. It's called Boardwalk.



The tags in the background were cut out from the vellum sheet in the collection. I just chose ones that worked well with the rest of the colours on my layout. To embellish, I used pieces from the Ephemera package, pieces from the chipboard sheet and finally some of the sticker accents. All of the pieces are so bright and colourful and I just adore this collection!



There's that frame! Swoon! ❤️



Finally to finish my layout, I used some gold spray mist for splatter and a bit of black as well. What would one of my layouts be with out the use of gold spray mist? LOL

Thank you for stopping by today! I appreciate you being here! Remember that if you're shopping in the Paper Issues Shop, to use code LINA for 20% off your entire order 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!