Thursday 6 April 2017

CVS | Grow Wild

Good Day Everyone! I'm so glad you could join me today in sharing this layout I created with the ever gorgeous Wild At Heart collection. I have decided to scrapbook and document a photo of my youngest daughter from last summer, it's amazing how quickly they grow! Both my girls are growing faster than I can create scrapbook pages of them! I'm sure you mom's know exactly what I'm talking about!

Jumping in, starting my layout, I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous coral stripe in the collection called Fussy Cuts. I've been eyeing it since I got the collection and saving it for the right picture to scrap. Going in, I also knew I wanted to "frame" out the sheet so I chose the lovely Bohemian sheet to do that. I cut out the middle and put it aside to use as not to waste any of this incredibly gorgeous collection. Behind the Bohemian sheet, there is a lovely navy on white polka dot. I cut a strip and placed it on the left hand side of my background sheet, running vertically.


After adhering everything down with tape runner, I took it all to my sewing machine and stitching using white thread along the entire perimeter of my layout. I also stitched around the polka dot strip to it all looked cohesive.
For my photo, I knew I wanted to matte it with that gorgeous aqua dot paper, but also wanted to keep it all simple. 

I chose a couple papers that I thought would compliment the idea I had in my head for the overall look of the layout.


For dimension and added depth, I added some of the chipboard frames behind my photo and off set them a bit. I really like the look of how they're placed.

Embellishing this layout was easy... I just used all the things! I mean, how could I not? LOL! I used the Ephemera pack, Rubber Charms, Button Flair and the Wood Veneer for my title. I thought the "grow wild" was a perfect title for this photo and layout. Especially considering how I mentioned how quickly they grow, literally like weeds!
I also adorned the page with little accents from the Enamel Dots. They're the perfect amount of sparkle for the page. I used them in the darkest blue in the package, it just matched all the navy perfectly!


I then thought it would be a cool idea to add some frames to the right right of my layout, coming right off the page, to create some balance. I added two chipboard frames along with some ephemera and some tiny word phrases to complete this side of the page.

I also wanted to create a third cluster to create a visual triangle. to I created a tiny one at the top left of my page, just above my photo. I think it added the final bit of something my layout needed. Plus, let's be honest, it gave me another opportunity to add more embellishments to my page. :P

I hope you enjoyed my layout share today as I totally enjoyed creating this. This line is incredible in the way it's created. I don't think I'll ever bore of it! Head over to the shop now and have a looksee for yourself! 💜  Thanks for stopping by! xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!