Monday 20 March 2017

CVS | Hello Beautiful

Good Morning Lovelies!
So excited and happy to share with you a wonderful layout of my mamma I created using the stunning Wild at Heart collection. It's still my fave collection of all time and I plan on using it until it's not in production anymore! 😛 It's truly a gorgeously, stunning assortment that's not only beautiful to look at but very versatile in use.
Like I mentioned above, this photo is of my dear mamma and was taken earlier this year at my sister's bridal shower. After I took it, and looked at it in my camera roll, I knew it was one of those photos that needed to be documented and not just sit on my computer. So here's how I got started...


I began with the gorgeous Double Dot paper. It's a beautiful light aqua blue sheet with random white dots on it. The back is just as fun, a white background covered in fun, colourful dots. It's so festive and celebratory in style. I knew I wanted to use some spray mists to add some "mixed media" to my background. I used a darker, denim blue and a more turquoise-y colour and used the packaging technique. I let that air dry for a few minutes and worked on the rest of my layout.
I matted my photo with a few of the other papers in the collection including Fussy Cuts and Bohemian and then added some dimension to my photo with some foam sheet that I cut down. I just adore the lift it gives any layout.


I decided the embellishing was my next step. I sorted through the die cut ephemera and chose a few that would co-ordinate with my photo and background. I placed them around my photo, creating two clusters, one on the top left and the other on the bottom left of the photo. I also embellished with the Rubber Charms, Flair Buttons, and the Enamel Dots in the darkest sparkly blue. The Accessory Stickers were the last thing I added to complete my embellishing. They just add that perfect little something!


For my title, I knew exactly what it would be after looking at the Chipboard Stickers. It was the amazing "Hello Beautiful" words from the set. They screamed at me and were the perfect colour and size for my layout! Without hesitation, I added them and then continued to embellish the title with a few floral die cuts, an xoxo and a coral rubber charm. This created my third and final cluster and a visual triangle.
I also knew that the butterflies in this collection would compliment my layout and draw the eye to strategic areas wherever they were placed. So I sprinkled with love <3
Lastly, and to finish my layout, I used some gold spray mist and added some splatters in the places where I had already placed my clusters.


Thank you so much for stopping by today and reading. I hope you enjoyed my layout today and will be back again soon! 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!