Saturday 1 August 2015

12x12 Layout: Be The You (Collab with Victoria Marie)

Good Morning Friends!

Today's an awesome day! Why, you ask? Because today is the day my collaboration with Victoria Marie is live! Woohoo!


Just in case, for some reason you don't know who Victoria is, here are her social media links: 
Victoria Marie's YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/VictoriaMarieScraps
Victoria Marie FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/victoriamarie/?ref=bookmarks
I hope you'll head over and say hello :)

We decided, we'd use a colourful photo as inspiration. Here's the pic:
Beautiful isn't it? I just love it and was inspired by the bright and playful colours.


For my layout I started with some Recollections white linen cardstock and just let my imagination take over. I used Dylusions Ink in Funky Fuchsia, Cherry Pie, Cut Grass and Vibrant Turquoise.
I just got inky and made a beautiful mess.

The paper collection I used is from Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss. The bright and cheerful colours were screaming my name. I also used some vellum for one of my layers.

I used two cut files from The Cut Shoppe, Sci-fi Circles and be The You word file. I was so happy to pull out my Cameo who has been neglected for a little bit..

To embellish, I used the ephemera that came with the collection. They're so pretty!

My main title is the word file, but I added how many months my daughter was in this picture with October Afternoon Mini Markets in Teal and Cream. I also used some tiny word stickers from Crate Paper.

Peeking out from under my layers, I used some metallic gold thread. Cool right?

And, lastly, for a bit more dimension, I used some black dye ink and my Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold to add some splatter around the page and I just love the texture and contrast it gives.





That's it kids. Hope you enjoyed today's layout :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!