Thursday 9 October 2014

Mixed Media Card: Love Deeply

Hey Friends!
Today, I decided to try my hand at something different... Mixed Media. I've always been interested in it but never knew how to, let's say... do it! Finally, I just decided to jump in and take it on head on. Let me tell you, once you get over the fear of doing it wrong, it's loads of fun!

This card did not take me long at all. It actually reminded me of when I used to make dimensional cards, kind of altering items. Totally fun!

I wanted this card to be super sturdy so I started off with a black chip board base. Then I went to town.... I adhered paper first as my base and then added some Liquitex Modeling Paste with a damask stencil from Prima. It dried pretty quickly. I'd say about 5 minutes after I gave it a shot with my heat tool for about 30 seconds. Then, I layered other papers and embellishments such as mulberry flowers, a metal time piece, seam binding and some jute twine.

After I got the paper pieces and die cuts where I wanted them, I went in with some more modeling paste and painted it on certain areas. Once that was dry, I went in with some paint in a dark teal, yellow and royal blue and gave the card character. I spritzed the flowers with some Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in Scintillating Silver. I could not get a good picture of the shimmer to save my life. But trust me, it's so pretty and shimmery. 


Lastly, I made a custom envelope box for my card. I needed to, it's so very dimensional and there was no way it was fitting into a standard envelope. I love the look of it!

So happy with how this card turned out. I foresee me making tons in my very near future!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! Be sure to look out for more mixed media posts coming very soon!

      Delete

Thanks! I {heart} comments!