Wednesday 6 June 2018

CVS | Too Cool For School

Good Day Friends,
Hello! I'm sharing with you a layout I created using the very versatile, You Rock collection. I decided to document this week a photo of my eldest little meatball on her very first day of Junior Kindergarten. As you can tell from the photo, she's full of spunk and sass and was such a great sport about posing for a few pictures. You Rock has some very cool and "school like" elements and so I thought it perfect to use.



See what I mean about the school like themed elements? The background paper looks like school writing paper, the text paper and the ruler type embellishments that were part of the cut apart border sheet were absolutely perfect! I was excited to be able to think outside the box to document this photo even if this collection is geared towards boys: It totally works in documenting my little girls very first day of school.

I cut strips from the border sheet and a couple patterned papers and adhered them to the top of the background paper giving my background paper some visual interest and a small amount of texture.


My photo measures roughly 4x4 and I matted it with papers from the collection as well as a frame from the Die Cut Ephemera. To embellish, I created clusters behind the left and right sides of the photo. And, that's also where I added my title using black, foam Thickers. I used the Die Cut Ephemera and the Accessory Stickers to create my clusters and add my embellishing. 


Proudly, I also used up a package of Enamel Shapes! I'm happy! Sounds silly but sometimes I refrain from using my supplies because I would like to "save" things for another layout and then the supplies don't get used because I forget. It can't just be me, right? 😝


Continuing with the embellishing, I used the tiny words from the Accessory Sticker sheet to convey the journaling message I wanted to convey. I do this in place of formal journaling. If there is something specific that I'd like to document, I do that on the back of y layout since I don't write on the front of it. I dislike my penmanship and so instead of "ruining" a layout with my own writing, I opt to do it that way instead. It's kind of like cheating but it get the job done!
I also added a Flair Button that sits atop a nest of yellow sewing thread that was just wrapped around my fingers and adhered down.

I hope you all enjoyed my layout for this week as much as I enjoyed creating it!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
xoLina



















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!