Wednesday 6 December 2017

CVS | Good Tidings

Good Morning Friends!
Lina here with you this morning to share I layout I created for this week's theme over on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Blog of creating a Christmas layout using non-Christmas items. I loved this week's challenge, it forced me to think outside the box. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut but having something like a theme or a sketch to work with totally brings the creativity out in me.

Here's my take...


What a better way than to push my creativity than to use the gorgeous Bohemian Dream collection for a Christmas layout? Haha! It's full of beautiful florals and I thought to myself, "Why not?"
I decided to start this layout with a cut file, so I Googled "geometric Christmas Tree and found one I liked. I then used the Silhouette Design Studio to trace and then my Silhouette to cut it all out. I cut it out twice, once for the background and a second time so I chose a different patterned paper for the outline. I then flipped the original navy, polkadot called Abundant over and used the beautiful floral design in the back to fill in my pieces in the tree. I believe from start to finish, this process took about 15 minutes or so. I just love the effect and feel it's totally worth the extra effort.


I then continued to matte my photo. For this, I used pieces from previously cut into sheets as well as some papers from the 6x6 paper pad. I also used a bit from the cut apart sheet. Love this method!


For the title work, I chose the word "good" from the Chipboard Titles sheet. I knew I wanted my title to be white so I just left them as they were. Then, I went through my stash and picked out some white Thickers in Daiquiri and finished my title, reading "Good Tidings". I think it worked out pretty well. Totally complimented the theme and super simple!


Continuing forward, I worked on my embellishing. I chose pieces from both the Die Cut Ephemera and the Vellum Accents packages. I created my clusters using these as foundation pieces. Creating one cluster in the bottom right and a smaller on in the top left of the photo. I also added embellishments from the Chipboard Accents such as the hearts.


Next, I wanted to use a button from the Flair Buttons and so I chose the minty one that reads, "One of a kind." I created a nest of sorts using metallic gold thread that I wound around my index and pointer fingers and placing on my layout. I put some glue in the middle and then added my flair directly on top. It creates a nice little place for the flair button to sit.
To decorate my tree, I used the Enamel Shapes... an entire package. LOL! How very liberating to use and entire pack of something. Anyhow, I used them to dress up my tree and act as a sort of baubles. So cute!


Lastly, I used some HSCS in Gold to add some gold splatters around my page, mainly focusing around my clusters. Done!

I hope you enjoyed my layout today as much as I enjoyed creating it! Have a wonderful rest of your day!
xoLina ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!