Wednesday 20 September 2017

CVS | Happy Birthday

Good Morning Crafty Family!
Welcome to the blog today, Lina here! Hi!
Today I'm sharing a layout I created with the always beautiful Wild at Heart & Make a Wish collections. Yes, I mixed them! They work perfectly together and I love how each are so different but compliment the other so well.
The theme this week in the blog is to use florals and hearts... literally, a piece of cake! LOL!
The photo I chose to scrapbook is of my youngest daughter, on her first birthday. 🎂
Here's my layout...


I started with a cut file from Paper Issues, it's free in their shop and cut it from the aqua Double Dot paper. I then backed it with the navy floral sheet. I just love this pairing! The navy floral really pops behind the aqua dots and it's the first element crossed off the list in this week's theme. Easy!
I began with the matting of my photo using patterns from the collection that I thought worked well with my over all theme. Then, I popped it up onto dimensional foam for added height.


Next, I shopped the Die Cut Ephemera package, my favourite part! I used the ephemera from the Make a Wish collection. I used some very beautiful florals, bunting and pennant banners, words and frames.


Creating a sub title, I used the Love You from the Chipboard Sticker Sheet. The colours were perfect to add here. It gave the layout something with it being a loud and bold title. Next, I also added some very colourful tiny words from the Make a Wish collection. I mean, they were perfect to use here, the sentiments were exact! 


For the "hearts" element, I used hearts from the Wood Veneer package. I left them in their natural state since their colour is so pretty... light and airy. This checked off number 2 of the theme's focus. I added a few other smaller clusters in and around my page. This by no means is a simple or minimalistic layout to be honest, but I love how it came together.

 
This is a good view of how much is actually on this page... All the pattern, colours and embellishment make my papercrafting heart happy! 
Lastly, to add that last little bit of something, I sprinkled around the remaining bit of Sparkle Enamel Dots I had in the navy blue. They are sparkly and pretty and I couldn't resist. I tucked them under elements and around my page. I really love the effect!



Thank you for stopping by today, I'm glad you're here! Hope you enjoyed my layout 💜
Have a wonderful day!


xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!