Saturday 6 May 2017

CVS | Sweet You

Hello Gorgeous People!
This morning, I'd like to share with you a layout I recently created using the Wild at Heart collection. I am having a wonderful time using it and creating wonderful layouts with it. I'm still totally in love with it!
The photo I decided to scrapbook is one of my dear hubby and our littlest meatball, who just turned one. I thought that the colour of their outfits fit well with the navy of the collection. They matched perfectly!

I also have a process video recorded for this layout which you can find below. Hope you'll watch!






I began with a white sheet of card stock that I cut down a bit. I took about 2.5 inches off of one side and mounted it onto the gorgeous navy floral you see strips of at the top and bottom of the layout. 
Then I went in with some mixed media and applied the ever popular, "packaging technique". I used three different colours of ink to achieve the golden yellow colour. It picks up perfectly the golden tones in the floral sheet. I then took another ink spray in gold and splattered some paint around my page. 


Next, I mounted my photo with patterned papers from the collection. I just used smaller pieces and staggered them behind my picture in kind of a hap-hazard manner, showing just bits of each of the patterns used. The entire piece, photo with matting is all popped up on a piece of foam sheet, creating dimension.


For my title, I eagerly reached for the Wood Veneer Words. I just love the texture the wood gives to any layout. I choose the words Sweet and You, creating Sweet You 😊  C'mon, look at those faces... the title was fitting. I may be a bit biased.  LOL!
Next, to start my embellishing, I started with the Die Cut Ephemera and sorted through them, choosing the one's I thought would compliment my layout best. I also fussy cut some larger florals from one of the patterned papers. I purposely left a navy border around the images to create contrast against my white card stock paper. Working on my visual triangle, I added clusters of embellishments to both sides of the photo plus the top left corner. I also added pieces from the Rubber Charms and a Flair Button that reads, "You make my heart sing". Perfect!

Still working on embellishing, I added some of the Chipboard Stickers to round it all off. The clusters are full (just as I like them 😛) but not over done.


Lastly, the most wonderful finishing touch to any layout... Sparkle Enamel Dots in the gorgeous amber colour. I sprinkled and tucked them in and around my layout and peeking under the embellishment clusters. I used the entire bit of them! I couldn't get enough!


Thank you for stopping by today and sharing in my layout.

Have a wonderfully creative day! xoLina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!