Friday 21 April 2017

PI| So Happy Together

Hey Peeps!
So, this is such a bittersweet post for me today... It's my last blog post as a Design Team Member for Paper Issues ☹️ I've enjoyed my time on the team and working along side the most amazing and encouraging group of ladies I've ever had the pleasure of meeting! Before I start crying, again, let's move onto my layout and what I've created.

I lovingly used the latest Maggie Holmes collection, Chasing Dreams. But, instead of using it the way it was intended and by this I mean with all the florals and more of the girly side, I decided to use it mainly for the colours. I mean look at them all, aquas, pinks, yellows and blues. It was perfect for a more modern and simplistic layout.


For my background, I started with that black on white plus sign sheet and added a half sheet of the triangle grid to it. I love the pattern mix of it. Then I decided to pull my favourite, bolder, non floral patterned papers from the collection and added a ton of layers. My picture is matted with a ton of random papers and then popped up with some foam sheets. I love the dimension!


Many titles ran through my mind but ultimately, I decided on So Happy Together. It was a great excuse to use up the chipboard word Thickers. Those are always the last to be used in my stash. For the "So" part of the title, I used the Thickers that were created for the collection in Cloud.
Then, to embellish, I used the donut Thank You cards that come with your order. I fussy cut both the donuts and donut holes and used them as embellishments on my page. can you spot them? They were just PERFECT for this layout! Glad I hoarded them for a bit 😛


I used a doily from my stash underneath all my layers of patterned paper. It added just a touch of softness to all the hard and linear lines of my layout.


I also continued to embellish using the accent sticker words, accent sticker, chipboard, and ephemera. I like the bold look of my layout using a line that is very soft and feminine in style.
I finished off my layout with a sprinkling of Dylusions Ink Spray in Lemon Zest and called the entire thing done!

Thank you for stopping by today and for all the love throughout my two terms. My heart is full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!