Friday 13 July 2012

Altered Treat Box

Happy Friday!
Today, I wanted to share a project I created for Sweet Nothings Stamp Co. It's an altered treat box/purse. When I first saw this plain, black box, I knew it would be fun to alter and Balloon Sophie was just the right image to use. The paper collection I used is the Bazzil WayFarer collection. I fell in love with this paper once I got it in my hands. It's definitely a fun paper stack.

Here's what I created :
Like I mentioned, I used Balloon Sophie, and coloured her skin and hair using my Copics and paper pieced her dress, bow and balloons. I <3 the way she turned out! She's uber adorable!

I covered the box in various papers, added a cute pennant, twine, and some MS butterflies. I also created some paper rosettes using the same paper.

Finally, I created a flower cluster in the bottom right corner using some IAR and WOC mulberry flowers. In the background, I placed some MS Frond leaves.

I hope you enjoyed what I created this month. It was fun and I liked creating something different than the cards I have been making lately.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!