Tuesday 20 March 2018

CVS | Love You

Hello, Hello, Hello!
This morning sharing a layout I created using the fabulous, More than Words collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This week, I scrapbooked and documented a picture of my little family. The photo was taken this past summer, so it's a little dated and my girls aren't so little anymore. Still, it needed to be documented :)



The focus this week on the blog has been paper. So, in true "Lina style", I used all the paper. And how else better to do so then to use a cut file and back each word with a four different patterned papers? That's what I did in this case and I just adore the result! The cut file is a freebie from Paper Issues and I cut it from that gorgeous, grey and white washed woodgrain. It's called Precious and it really is so. With my photo, I matted it with a few different pieces of patterned paper, again, going with the theme of the week.


Next, I worked on my title. I used the Chipboard Titles to create my title of, "Love You". Very creative I know, but let's be honest here... I love my tribe and so it worked :P
I placed some foam sheet cut into tiny strips behind the words to prop it up. The words are placed somewhat on the photo and because the photo had dimension to it, the words weren't balanced. Adding the foam behind my words gave them the stability they needed.


I had an idea in mind in how I wanted to embellish the layout. On one of the cut apart sheets, there is a 4x6 card full of black and white butterflies. I cut them out and built my embellishing around them. I took butterflies from both the Die Cut Ephemera package and the Vellum Accents package and created my flying butterfly cluster. I made the butterflies look as if they were in flight, together starting from the bottom right, flying up and across my page into the top left. I simply adore this. It really adds quite a bit of whimsy to my page. I also took the hearts from the Chipboard Titles package and tucked them amongst my butterflies.


Nestled among the butterflies, lies a perfectly placed Flair Button surrounded by a nest of pink thread. I also added some of the same pink thread under the bottom left hand corner of my photo for some added interest. I added some tiny words and phrases from the Sticker Accent sheet. Lastly, I sprinkled a good amount of Enamel Shapes around the page to carry the colours throughout the page. And, voila! Done!
I hope you all enjoyed my layout!
xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!