Sunday 20 August 2017

CVS | Shine So Bright

Good Morning Friends!
Today, I'm sharing a fun layout with you that I created with the lovely Free Spirit collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This week on the blog the focus is to use multiple photos on your layout. I thought these two pictures of my littlest little were totally scrap-worthy using both the theme and collection.
Here's my layout...


I couldn't decide what navy and white patterned paper I wanted to use for my background, so I used two. LOL! I cut the smaller polka dot paper down a bit and layered it on top of the magnificent floral paper leaving a border only on the right side. Love the effect of this!

Next, I knew I wanted to play with colour, and that I did! I used the bright pinks and corals of the collection paired with the aquas and navy. It's a combo made in heaven! The colours seem to pop off the navy and white background.


I matted both photos as one photo. I didn't separate and give them two separate mattings. However, I did pop both photos onto foam for dimension giving the photo on the right an extra layer of foam. I did this for two reasons; Firstly because I wanted the photo on the right to stand out a bit more. And secondly, I was able to tilt the second picture slightly without the photo on the right interfering with the positioning. Hope that makes sense.


Moving on to embellishing and creating clusters, I pulled out the Die Cut Ephemera pack and went to town pulling my favourite pieces that I thought would work with the layout. I didn't mean to use florals but look... I did! Oops! 😉 But seriously, how could I resist? They worked so well especially considering in the photos my babe is wearing a floral top! LOL!


I continued embellishing and creating clusters with the Puffy Stickers, Woodies and the Accessory Stickers.
The title itself is created with words from the Die Cut package, Shine So Bright in the cutest font ever!


Here you can see the dimension the foam sheet gives under the photos. The one on the right has a double layer of foam and so is elevated from the second on the left.

That's it for me today. I hope you enjoyed my layout for today. Until next time, have a wonderful day!
xoLina
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!