Thursday 6 July 2017

CVS | For I Know...

Good Morning Scrappy Fam!

Today, I'm sharing with you a layout I created using the ever gorgeous Wild at Heart collection. Gah, I don't think I'll ever get sick of this collection. I just keep finding inspiring ways to use it.

This week on the blog, we're focusing on journaling. Those who follow my YouTube channel know I rarely journal on my layouts. If I have something important to say or document, I write it on the back. I'm always afraid that if I do it on the front, I won't end up liking my writing and then won't love the overall look of my layout. Silly right? LOL!

But, I feel like I've found a creative solution... Hidden journaling, best of both worlds! Here's my layout:


Firstly, I chose this background paper, Artisan, knowing I wanted to cut out a huge title with my Silhouette Cameo and secondly, back it with another sheet from the collection. In this case, I choose that bold floral, Memento. Perfect combo! The cut file is something I found online. You can easily search it if you need to.


The matting of my photo was up next... This is one of the most fun (and important) for me when creating my layouts. I chose papers that would compliment my photo and layout but would not compete with it. I also used my layers as a way to bring in the additional colours of the collection such as the navy, to the top of my layout.

Also, I chose to scrapbook this photo in black and white instead of the colour version. I have two reasons for this; First, I didn't want the colours of the photo to get lost or blend with the colours of the papers. And, secondly, the black and white picture was a bit more dramatic ;)

My matting is also where I was going to "hide" my journaling. I used foam sheet pieces to create a slot where my tags would be housed. The tags are where I wrote my journaling and are aesthetically part of my layers. I added some baker's twine to my tags as well.


Next up... embellishing! I feel like I used some of everything here for my clusters: Die Cut Ephemera, Chipboard Frames, the tiny words from the Accessory Stickers, a piece from the Rubber Charms set, a Flair button that I surrounded with pink thread and finally, a healthy sprinkling of the Enamel Dots. I used the blue sparkle ones :)


I created a heavily embellished cluster on either side of my photo and then a smaller and simpler one at the top right hand corner of my photo. Seriously, I just love the tiny phrases and words that are included on the Accessory Stickers sheet. I could add those everywhere. And, theres always the right message to add.


I appreciate you stopping by today and letting me share this layout with you! Have a beautiful day!
xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!