Tuesday 20 June 2017

CVS | Cool for the Summer

Hello Friends!
Today, I'm sharing my latest layout with you, a 12x12 I created with the You Rock collection. This week on the blog we're focusing on Seasons. And, having just come back from the best vacation yet, I chose Summer. This photo is of my oldest daughter and my hubby, playing with sand on the beach.

I'm having too much fun pushing myself out of my own comfort zone using pictures of my daughters with such a masculine collection. But you can seriously use this collection for just about any photo, it's so versatile!




Here's my layout...
I had an idea in my heading before beginning this layout that I wanted to use strips of different patterned papers. All types f patterns and colours. The cut apart sheet was perfect for that concept... it already has strips of perfectly coordinating patterns. I happily cut into it and chose my favourite ones. The background paper I used is that gorgeous, multicoloured triangle. It heart it so much! I glued it all together and also contemplated even machine stitching across the butted seams but decided against it when I realized I wouldn't be able to fold up some of the edges to create dimension. I'm glad I didn't. 😛


Next, I matted my photo with you guessed it... more patterned paper and colour. Blame the tropical island I just left for all the inspiration! LOL!
I popped my photo with matting on some foam sheet for added dimension. I don't think I'll ever not use it. I just love the look of the lift.

I dove right into embellishing and created three separate clusters including my title.


To embellish, I used pieces from the Chipboard Stickers, the Die Cut Ephemera, the Accessory Stickers, and Washi Stickers. So, pretty much all the things! I also used some metallic silver thread to create a "nest" for my Flair Button. I used the cute Awesome one.
To create my title, I used two different sets of alphabets from my stash. A larger, woodgrain one and a smaller orange one. 


To complete my layout, I also used a couple of the Rubber Charms in and around my clusters. They were the perfect finishing touch! It took everything in me not to splatter some paint on the layout but I refrained because I wanted to keep the layout look "cleaner", if that makes any sense. 
And, that's it!
I hope you enjoyed my process and layout. I appreciate you all stopping by!
xoLina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!