Thursday 1 May 2014

Altered Initial Frame

Happy May Everyone!
I've been wanting to share this frame I created for my daughter's room a longggg time ago. Actually, way before she was born, like in August. I know, I know... but I totally forgot about it and then found the pictures in a file on my computer. Sorry!

The frame itself is from Ikea and I left it as is. The only thing I did do was remove the glass that was on the inside. There was no use in keeping it, I didn't need it.

I started by painting the background cardboard a creamy white colour. I added a super large doily on top of that. Then I purchased some wood letters. I painted them a super soft pink with acrylic paint and lined the perimeter of them with flat back pearl trim. The M in the background is in a soft pink and the A and V are white.

I placed more flat back pearl trim around the frame, added some die cuts, fabric rosettes, IAR mulberry flowers and some acrylic pieces I still had left from MB's Treasurista. I also added some tiny crocheted doilies with pearl centers around the frame, mostly in the flower clusters.

The finishing touch for me was the addition of the MS punched butterflies. they just added a bit of whimsy to the entire piece.

This frame hangs in my daughter's room, above her crib. Her entire room is light grey and shades of pink... kindy shabby chic in style... kinda.
It was a joy and pleasure to create it for her and I hope that she'll cherish it always.




Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing what I have to share with you all :) Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!