Wednesday 9 October 2013

12x12 Layout: It's A Girl

Hey Friends!
Today I want to share a 12x12 layout I created. It's the first layout I've created that's baby related since I've become pregnant. So, Yay!
I'm very close to giving birth (tomorrow's actually my due date) and I surprised myself today when my scrapbook mojo came to visit. Needless to say, I took advantage and ran with it! LOL!

This layout is from when hubby and I revealed to our families that the baby is a girl! It was a great day all around and everyone was thrilled!

To be honest, I never really use entire collections for my pages, actually it's a rarity. I always jump around and try to use scraps and pieces I have laying around. Of course, I make sure that colour schemes fit but for the most part, I use what I have on hand.

For this layout, I used again a mixture of papers. The base sheet is from the This & That collection and I used a favourite sheet of mine from Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes collection. I used both the front and back of the sheet making it look like I used more paper than I actually did. Then the accents are what I had in my scrap box.
** I don't know about you all but I feel accomplished and not as wasteful when I use papers I already have cut into instead of "wasting" another sheet. I can always use a "new" sheet for a new project :)


Also, I made the embellishments in the top left hand corner of the page. The bottom right embellishment with the banners is inspired by the current Maggie Holmes collection. The tag that reads "Let the fun begin" is a cut out from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Collection. And the rest is a mish mash of just pretty stuff. Hope you like what I have to share today :)

This is my layout:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!