Friday 30 December 2011

What A Fabulous End of the Year Surprise!!!

Thank goodness it's Friday! Well, at least I am ;)
Today, I got the most fabulous piece of news... I mean a great piece of news to end this great 2011 year.

Here's the set-up...
Early this past summer, I emailed the owner of a wonderful, local scrapbooking store, Scrapbook Queens, and asked if they were looking for a design team member. At the time, they weren't so the owner, Irena, told me she'd keep my email and let me know when they were in search of a DT member. To be totally honest, with everyday life being so stinking busy and hectic, I totally forgot and set it all on the back burner of my mind.
Well... Irena did not forget! She emailed me a few days ago and asked if I'd still be interested in applying...
What? Heck YES!!! I quickly got to my computer and sent in an application. The next few days were nerve racking to me. I kept thinking about it. Was I going to be chosen? Will they like my creations? My style? Me? LOL! Needless to say I was going nuts. Please keep in mind that this all happened within 48 hours!

The verdict came in, and.... I am now a proud member of the Scrapbook Queens Design Team! WooHoo!!! I am thrilled! Can you tell? LOL!

Be sure to check out the SQ website. You may not be able to physically go there if you're not local, but the website's forum is full of scrappy goodness including challenges and chat. The gallery is chalk full of fabulously crafty art. It's all very cool and inspiring.

Scrapbook Queens www.scrapbookqueens.ca

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! What awesome news. They will love your work.
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an awesome way to end the year. They are very lucky to have you and I wish you all the best, Hugz...Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I {heart} comments!